VINUM LIGNUM® MERLOT AOC VALAIS
First mentioned in documents in the 18th century, Merlot came from Bordeaux, France. Its full name is Merlot noir and is derived from the French word for blackbird (merle), because these birds like to nibble the precocious berries.
- Appellation: Vinum Lignum® Merlot AOC Valais
- Colour: red
- Vineyard: "Zudannaz" vineyard of the wine family Albert Mathier & Söhne
- Grape variety: Merlot
- Vinification: Traditional mash fermentation directly in barrique, 18 months ageing
- Ageing: Barrique ageing
- Alcohol content: 14 %.
- Drinking temperature: 14-16 °C
- Dinner: Goes well with duck, offal (kidney or calf's liver), roasted red meat, entrecôte grilled on vine, grilled mushrooms
- Type of nutrition: vegetarian